Friday, September 23, 2005

Not quite, but cute?

Not exactly a Googlewhack, but close enough for a laugh.
Gordon, Michele & I am writing a paper. In there, I plugged a sentence about "design for cognitive conflict". Gordon, who wasn't sure WTF that means,
googled it.

The only page that came up was an obscure note I once made on the PPIG mailing list. So, does this count as a whack? not sure. but maybe I should elaborate the concept, or dump it.

Here's what I wrote there:


When designing technology for performing a task, you will want it to be invisible, not get in your way of doing your thing. When designing technology for learning, you often intentionally make it provoke thinking by forcing users to solve problems. We call thins "design for cognitive conflict".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home